What does that even mean?
Well, I had been mulling over the idea of starting a new blog for a couple weeks (you can see my old, stagnant “lavieenvogue” one here). I wasn’t sure whether it was something I ought to seriously pursue or if it was just my mind playing tricks on me. So that afternoon, before I marched into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, I threw a post-it-note prayer up to God: “If I’m supposed to start a blog, I need you to give me the name.”
That night, for the third night in a row, I woke up at 4am and couldn’t sleep. As I lay there, my mind returned again to this idea. What would the point of another blog be? (In 2006 there were 50 million blogs, with 175,000 new ones starting up each day. Do we need any more noise or distractions?!) But I wanted to share some of the life lessons God has given me and share the ways he’s blessed me as a way to encourage others along in their faith to believe that God is real, God is good and God moves. Lessons and Blessings.
It was God who showed me how the two go hand-in-hand and “Life Blessons” was born. Immediately I began getting inspired by what this blog might hold and where it might lead. Here are some of my ideas that you (whoever you are!) can look forward to:
- The lessons and wise insights that God has opened my eyes to, whether that’s regarding prayer, Biblical stories, confession, marriage down to the most simple things like how I spend my time and money or a must-read book
- Testimony to some of the incredible things God is doing in my life and acknowledging the blessings he pours down and the prayers he answers.
- There have been some key moments in my life when I have felt God leading and directing me; I’ll share some of those moments and how he’s answered prayer after prayer and delivered me to green pastures (a la my cross-country moves, meeting my now-husband, switching jobs, recovering from a broken heart, instantly healing a skin disease--you know, the everyday stuff.)
- I’d love to share stories from other women about what God’s doing in your life or prayers he’s answered.
- And, face it, what makes a blog a blog: The up-close and personal, sometimes ugly but ever honest, look into my life and how I’m sorting through it. (Such as the chronicles of how we’re trying to live green and healthy, DIY crafts and ideas to stretch our newlywed budget or the squirrel who has made a home in our bedroom wall--stay tuned for all that and more.)
P.S. To stay updated, you can have all my future blog posts sent directly to you via email or RSS feed by clicking on those links. Also feel free to comment or contact me! Thanks for reading!